Search Engine Optimization

We can help you to improve your rankings on Google, Bing, Yahoo and other Search Engines. Your success depends on it! We use viable and ethical means to help you improve your rank in search engine results.

Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of managing websites to “get found” on search engines such as www.google.com. We mention Google because at the time of this writing, Google owns the search engine world. If you are wondering what percentage of searches are done on Google, it’s 66% (according to comScore as of December 2012.) The remaining 34% are split between all of the other engines.

Organic search results are listings that appear on search engines that appear because of their relevance to the “keywords” or search terms you input, as opposed to their being advertisements. Non-organic search results include pay per click advertising which appear on the top and right hand column of the google results page.

The higher your website ranks on a search results page, the more traffic you will get to your site!

Simply put, the more times you are listed in a search, the more traffic you will get on your site.

How People Search the Web:

The visibility of your website in organic searches is critically important to the success of your business. Here are a few examples:

  • People searching for your company by name – You wouldn’t believe how many times I search for a specific company by their exact name and can’t find them.  There are a lot of reasons for this, but the good news is, it is usually an easy problem to correct.
  • Customers googling the products that you sell – When a potential customer googles “wonderful white widgets” and you sell Wonderful White Widgets, you want them to:
    1. Find you in the search
    2. Click through to your site
    3. Buy the product you sell
      Search engine optimization addresses step one. Don’t worry, we can still help with steps two and three, but if you don’t have step one, steps two and three don’t matter.
  • People searching for the answer to a question – The internet contains the knowledge of the world. It also contains a wealth of incorrect, skewed and crackpot information, but when you want to know something, usually you can find the information you need.  If you are a subject matter expert, you need to demonstrate that expertise on your website in a way that search engines can find it, index it and serve it to people.
  • People trying to make connections – People, politics, religion and for just about anything else you care to mention, the internet is a place to network.  If you are in a business that draws a following, you can provide an online meeting place for people to come together.

How Search Engines Rank Your Website:

Fundamentally Websites are ranked based on two factors:

  1. The content on your site – This takes the form of written content, images, videos and special coding, such as H Card listings for you name and address.
  2. Links from other sites to your site – The more links you have and the more important those sites are that link to you, the more weight your site is given in search results.

How Gatsbo Marketing will help you to rank higher in search results:

We have a very simple process we follow:

  1. Evaluate your current rank
  2. Evaluate your current site
  3. Research how people use the web to search for your products, services and beliefs
  4. Develop an action plan based on our findings that includes:
    1. Fix what’s broken
    2. Add specific structural elements to your site
    3. Develop a long term plan for relevant content generation
    4. Develop a legitimate linkbuilding strategy
    5. Take ownership of your business – on your behalf – on all relevant listing and review sites.
  5. Initiate the action plan

Contact Us today to learn how we can help you get found on the web.