Pay Per Click Advertising will get you more traffic to your website, more customers and more sales!
Search Engine Optimization helps get you to the top of Google’s organic listings, but what if this is not possible in the short term?
Pay per Click (PPC) Advertising is a viable solution, but it has to be done right! Here is an example of PPC done wrong:
“Recently I was on the website for the Colorado Springs Gazzette. A local car dealer had a pay per click ad for zero percent financing with a picture of a full size pickup. I clicked on the ad and was taken to their homepage. There was No Reference to 0% financing. I clicked on the finance page, still nothing about 0%. I clicked on the inventory page for pickups, nothing there. Now I’m angry and I have no intention of ever doing business with this dealer – Period! (Sorry guys, you can’t trick us into doing business with you – those days are gone.) –Joel Woltjen”
While the car dealer above made a number of mistakes, the most unforgivable one was that he wasted my time (and therefor his money!) So what does it take to craft a successful PPC campaign?
How Does Pay Per Click Advertising Work?
- Advertisers place ad’s in search results and on websites
- Ads appear based on specific keywords, phrases or website content. On Google, these ads appear at the top and in the right column of search results pages
- The ads appear in searches, in videos, in banners and in popups
- Visitors click on the ads and are redirected to the advertiser’s website
- When visitors click through, advertisers pay a fee for the click based on a bid or fixed rate
- How much advertisers are willing to bid determines whether their ads appear
- Payments go entirely to PPC Management Services, like Google, or are shared with website/content owners
How to run a successful PPC campaign
At Gatsbo Marketing we will guide you through the process of successfully creating a PPC campaign that will draw traffic to your site. Before we start the campaign, if needed, we will
- Set a budget
- Set a timeframe
- Set a geographic area for your ad to appear
- Decide what you are selling to whom: products, services, ideas!
- Research how people search for that product or service online
- Craft a “hook” or message designed to get people to click
- Create a landing page on your website that is directly related to your hook. In some cases, you may already have a product/info page in place, we will examine that page and suggest changes for maximum conversions
- Track clickthroughs and conversions and make adjustments on the fly
The best argument we can make for pay per click advertising, is that it works. We can increase the traffic to your site, increase your sales and deliver you to a targeted audience.
Contact Gatsbo Marketing to get a quote for your Pay Per Click Advertising Campaign